I’m on my way to a yoga retreat in just a few minutes. I’ll be hitting the road with an amazing teacher and friend and we’re setting off for the English Countryside. I’ll be participating in the retreat while also contributing as the massage therapist. But how do you know you’re ready for a yoga retreat? Or that you even need one? Here are 5 signs that it may be time to book one in the near future.
- You are feeling both wired and tired. There is a constant, simmering anxiety that you can’t shake. This results in feeling exhausted and unable to relax. You can’t seem to get out of your fight or flight syndrome. You regularly feel like you are running out of time because your brain is in hyper mode and life feels sped up.
- You are distracted and find it difficult to concentrate on one thing for very long.
- You are feeling indecisive about even the smallest decisions.
- You want to quit everything but feel immobilized to change even one thing.
- You can’t remember the last time you felt totally relaxed.
It’s easy these days to exhaust ourselves by running ourselves ragged. The lack of change, doing the same things over and over again simply grind down your spirit. If you find yourself growing more impatient and constantly over-reacting rather than patiently responding, then you are an ideal candidate for a mental vacation. There is no better place to take a break than by going on a yoga retreat.